Man charged over Keswick stabbing
Published at 15:25, Monday, 11 June 2012
A man has been charged after a man was stabbed in Keswick last week.
Benjamin Davis Bland, 29, of Miners Way, Keswick, was charged with Section 18 wounding after he was initially arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning GBH.
He will appear at Carlisle Crown Court on August 27.
At about 9pm on Monday June 4, police were called by the ambulance service to reports that a man had been stabbed in Keswick.
Officers were called to St John's Street in Keswick where they located a 21-yea-old man from Cockermouth with a serious shoulder injury after being stabbed with a knife.
The victim was taken to Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle and was released on Thursday June 7 following surgery.
A 22-year-old local man was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and remains on police bail until July 4.
There is no further action against a third man, a 28-year-old man from Keswick.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- 2009 floods: Neighbours pitched in to help each other (1 comment)
- 2009 floods: ‘We can never thank the rescue services enough’
- Leading names back M-Sport centre plan
- Prolific author Mary Burkett dies, aged 90
- Parents to help shape Workington's new academy
- West Cumbrian register office to close next month (2 comments)
- Will Noel have a deal for Workington's Kelly?
- Strictly dancer has words of advice for West Cumbrian teachers
- ‘Noisy’ Workington cadets face soundproofing bill (10 comments)
- Fury as West Cumbria war memorial vandals strike again