Man charged over Keswick stabbing
Published at 15:25, Monday, 11 June 2012
A man has been charged after a man was stabbed in Keswick last week.
Benjamin Davis Bland, 29, of Miners Way, Keswick, was charged with Section 18 wounding after he was initially arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning GBH.
He will appear at Carlisle Crown Court on August 27.
At about 9pm on Monday June 4, police were called by the ambulance service to reports that a man had been stabbed in Keswick.
Officers were called to St John's Street in Keswick where they located a 21-yea-old man from Cockermouth with a serious shoulder injury after being stabbed with a knife.
The victim was taken to Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle and was released on Thursday June 7 following surgery.
A 22-year-old local man was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and remains on police bail until July 4.
There is no further action against a third man, a 28-year-old man from Keswick.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington honours forces heroes
- Workington physics trio scoop science cash
- East 17 head to Workington for Castle Rock
- Worry over future of West Cumbrian lake (1 comment)
- MP supports Workington man’s call for new organ donation system (3 comments)
- Workington school IT course hits problems (3 comments)
- Tributes to ‘one of Maryport’s loveliest men’ (4 comments)
- Workington continental market flops (7 comments)
- Orchids halt Maryport grass cutting (1 comment)
- BBC crew flies in to remake classic film in Cumbria