Police investigate sexual assault in Workington
Published at 16:51, Wednesday, 12 September 2012
Police are investigating an incident of sexual assault in Workington.
It happened near the entrance to the cemetery on Harrington Road at about 8.15pm on September 8.
A 30-year-old woman from Workington was walking along Harrington road when she was approached by a man who assaulted her by touching her inappropriately.
She was left shaken by the incident but did not suffer injuries.
Police are appealing for the community's help to trace the offender who is described as white, in his late 30s to early 40s, he was wearing what is described as a scruffy looking green sweatshirt with "New York" written across the front.
He had short dark hair and his general appearance is described as slightly scruffy looking and had bushy eyebrows.
Following the incident, the victim ran off in the direction of the Annie Pitt crossroads.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with information is asked to call PC Tara Rothwell on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fallen tree closes main West Cumbria road
- Council facing inquiry into collusion claim
- Heartbreaking wait for life-saving donor (1 comment)
- Low-cost meals will help tackle poverty (1 comment)
- Charity night for hotel man's first quarter of a century
- Arctic war veteran finally gets medal
- Award for dedicated service to school
- Lee directs hard-hitting message on road safety
- Smartphone app helps lost walker
- Main Cockermouth roads reopen after woman knocked over