Police investigate sexual assault in Workington
Published at 16:51, Wednesday, 12 September 2012
Police are investigating an incident of sexual assault in Workington.
It happened near the entrance to the cemetery on Harrington Road at about 8.15pm on September 8.
A 30-year-old woman from Workington was walking along Harrington road when she was approached by a man who assaulted her by touching her inappropriately.
She was left shaken by the incident but did not suffer injuries.
Police are appealing for the community's help to trace the offender who is described as white, in his late 30s to early 40s, he was wearing what is described as a scruffy looking green sweatshirt with "New York" written across the front.
He had short dark hair and his general appearance is described as slightly scruffy looking and had bushy eyebrows.
Following the incident, the victim ran off in the direction of the Annie Pitt crossroads.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with information is asked to call PC Tara Rothwell on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts
- New footpath offers a safe shortcut to town’s hospital
- School play is tribute to ‘wonderful father’
- Obituary - John Thompson, of Workington
- Carnival blow over costs and lack of volunteers (1 comment)
- M-Sport planning meeting postponed (5 comments)
- Last salute for retiring Colonel Tom
- Grateful Elvin gives back at Christmas