West Cumbrian police officer in court
Last updated at 13:10, Friday, 01 February 2013
A serving detective has appeared in court alongside a retired colleague, charged with data protection offences.
Detective Sergeant Jason Robinson and George Nevins, a retired inspector, did not enter pleas when they appeared before Carlisle magistrates yesterday.
The pair face an amended charge, which alleges that between March 2 2011 and August 30 2012, they conspired together to obtain or disclose personal data or information, contrary to the Data Protection Act.
Nevins, 61, and Robinson, 42, both of Workington, spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and dates of birth.
Nevins, currently working as a security employee, worked as an officer in West Cumbria until retiring from the force.
Both men were remanded on bail prior to a plea and case management hearing at Carlisle Crown Court in April.
First published at 12:54, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (16 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Workington care home put residents’ safety ‘at risk’
- West Cumbria woman Harriet turns 100
- Performing arts hub planned for Workington
- Workington boy scores top marks for school attendance
- Council couple lead Maryport parking charge fight
- Help former Workington Reds kit man net charity cash