Workington care home worker is suspended
Last updated at 20:15, Thursday, 06 January 2011
A care home worker has been suspended following two incidents at Workington’s Amathea Care Home.
Police are investigating the incidents, which took place at the Newlands Lane home between October and December.
Witnesses are still being interviewed and Detective Sergeant Adrian Gidney, of West Cumbria police’s public protection unit, said he would be reviewing the case.
He said: “Following a meeting with Adult Social Care on December 29, we are investigating the circumstances of two incidents reported to Adult Social Care by the Amathea Care Home. They are alleged to have occurred between October and December and, as a result, a care worker from the home has been suspended.”
Police said they were unable to disclose more information as not all witnesses had been spoken to.
No-one from the care home was available for comment.
First published at 19:33, Thursday, 06 January 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (4 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Workington care home put residents’ safety ‘at risk’
- West Cumbria woman Harriet turns 100
- Performing arts hub planned for Workington
- Workington boy scores top marks for school attendance
- Council couple lead Maryport parking charge fight
- Help former Workington Reds kit man net charity cash