Workington care home worker is suspended
Last updated at 20:15, Thursday, 06 January 2011
A care home worker has been suspended following two incidents at Workington’s Amathea Care Home.
Police are investigating the incidents, which took place at the Newlands Lane home between October and December.
Witnesses are still being interviewed and Detective Sergeant Adrian Gidney, of West Cumbria police’s public protection unit, said he would be reviewing the case.
He said: “Following a meeting with Adult Social Care on December 29, we are investigating the circumstances of two incidents reported to Adult Social Care by the Amathea Care Home. They are alleged to have occurred between October and December and, as a result, a care worker from the home has been suspended.”
Police said they were unable to disclose more information as not all witnesses had been spoken to.
No-one from the care home was available for comment.
First published at 19:33, Thursday, 06 January 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- HAVE YOUR SAY: West Cumbria's answer to Angel of the North (10 comments)
- Lidl plans to open store in Maryport (3 comments)
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand (7 comments)
- ‘Truly glorious’, says RAF veteran as he soars again
- Time capsule message from Harrington pupils
- Excavation sheds more light on life in Roman Maryport
- Commonwealth baton honour for dairy man
- Classrooms put together in just a day
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (30 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock