Workington care home worker is suspended
Last updated at 20:15, Thursday, 06 January 2011
A care home worker has been suspended following two incidents at Workington’s Amathea Care Home.
Police are investigating the incidents, which took place at the Newlands Lane home between October and December.
Witnesses are still being interviewed and Detective Sergeant Adrian Gidney, of West Cumbria police’s public protection unit, said he would be reviewing the case.
He said: “Following a meeting with Adult Social Care on December 29, we are investigating the circumstances of two incidents reported to Adult Social Care by the Amathea Care Home. They are alleged to have occurred between October and December and, as a result, a care worker from the home has been suspended.”
Police said they were unable to disclose more information as not all witnesses had been spoken to.
No-one from the care home was available for comment.
First published at 19:33, Thursday, 06 January 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8