A good turnout for St George’s parade in Harrington
Last updated at 21:34, Thursday, 29 April 2010
HARRINGTON residents lined the streets on Friday for Beckstone Primary’s St George’s Day parade.
The whole school participated in the parade, which turned Church Street into a sea of red and white costumes and flags.
The parade ended with a sing-along in Victoria Square.
Countries from all around the world were represented in the parade to celebrate the modern multi-cultural society.
Several pupils also formed a long dragon, which wound its way up and down the street.
The parade was led by drummers from Southfield school who provided a party atmosphere to the celebrations.
First published at 19:29, Thursday, 29 April 2010
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (2 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Don't forget to pick up next week's Times & Star!
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status