East meets West Cumbria
Last updated at 19:39, Thursday, 26 April 2012
The headteacher of an Indian school has visited West Cumbria.
Simmi Kher, head of the Anugrah Foundation in the deprived area of Vihar in Dwarka, visited Allonby Primary School as part of the British Council exchange programme.
She spent the week observing lessons, reading to pupils, cooking traditional Indian food and visiting other primary schools in the area.
The Anugrah Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation set up in 2010 by Mrs Kher and looks to provide quality education to underprivileged children.
The programme also saw David Owens, headteacher of Allonby, spend a week with Mrs Kher’s family in India in February.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (2 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Don't forget to pick up next week's Times & Star!
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status