East meets West Cumbria
Last updated at 19:39, Thursday, 26 April 2012
The headteacher of an Indian school has visited West Cumbria.
Simmi Kher, head of the Anugrah Foundation in the deprived area of Vihar in Dwarka, visited Allonby Primary School as part of the British Council exchange programme.
She spent the week observing lessons, reading to pupils, cooking traditional Indian food and visiting other primary schools in the area.
The Anugrah Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation set up in 2010 by Mrs Kher and looks to provide quality education to underprivileged children.
The programme also saw David Owens, headteacher of Allonby, spend a week with Mrs Kher’s family in India in February.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- A595 roadworks completed
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (10 comments)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)
- Maryport plans tourism drive with Mary Portas cash (1 comment)