Farewell Stainburn School! Pictures from the prom
Last updated at 08:40, Friday, 29 June 2012
Youngsters from Workington’s Stainburn School put on their glad rags to celebrate the end of an era.
Decked out in glittering finery, the year 11 pupils marked the end of their time in secondary school with a prom at Hunday Manor Hotel, Winscales.
Prom dresses flounced and the boys were suited and booted to perfection for the get-together.
Students look forward to their prom – an American invention – as a rite of passage and for some is as eagerly anticipated as their exam results next month.
First published at 08:36, Friday, 29 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8