Farewell Stainburn School! Pictures from the prom
Last updated at 08:40, Friday, 29 June 2012
Youngsters from Workington’s Stainburn School put on their glad rags to celebrate the end of an era.
Decked out in glittering finery, the year 11 pupils marked the end of their time in secondary school with a prom at Hunday Manor Hotel, Winscales.
Prom dresses flounced and the boys were suited and booted to perfection for the get-together.
Students look forward to their prom – an American invention – as a rite of passage and for some is as eagerly anticipated as their exam results next month.
First published at 08:36, Friday, 29 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (1 comment)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Don't forget to pick up next week's Times & Star!
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status