House of Lords trip for essay pupil
Published at 16:36, Friday, 11 October 2013
A HARRINGTON teenager will visit the House of Lords after his essay on a Bible passage came second in a national competition.
Tyson McGuirk, 14, a year nine pupil at Workington’s St Joseph’s High School, came second in the Schools’ Bible Project 2013 run by Christian Projects.
Tyson wrote an essay on Matthew 8 23-27, in which Christ saves the disciples from drowning by calming the sea.
He won £250 for the school and will be presented with a Bible at the House of Lords in December. Eighteen other pupils at the school were recognised for the quality of their essays and have been awarded book prizes.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fallen tree closes main West Cumbria road
- Council facing inquiry into collusion claim
- Heartbreaking wait for life-saving donor (1 comment)
- Low-cost meals will help tackle poverty (1 comment)
- Charity night for hotel man's first quarter of a century
- Arctic war veteran finally gets medal
- Award for dedicated service to school
- Lee directs hard-hitting message on road safety
- Smartphone app helps lost walker
- Main Cockermouth roads reopen after woman knocked over