Lakes College in finals for two awards
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 14 September 2012
Lillyhall's Lakes College has beaten off competition from hundreds of entries to be named finalists in two Times Educational Supplement awards.
Staff and students at the college learned the news after returning for the new term. They are finalists in the outstanding practice and sustainability category, and outstanding human resource team section.
The Hallwood Road campus has had a successful few weeks after also making the finals in the CN Group Education and Learning Awards – in eight of the 19 categories – and one category of the CN Group Business Awards.
Principal Cath Richardson said: “This is an exciting time for Lakes College andthe number of awards we have been shortlisted for is a great reflection of the calibre of work this little college from West Cumbria does.”
First published at 11:54, Friday, 14 September 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8