Lakes College in finals for two awards
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 14 September 2012
Lillyhall's Lakes College has beaten off competition from hundreds of entries to be named finalists in two Times Educational Supplement awards.
Staff and students at the college learned the news after returning for the new term. They are finalists in the outstanding practice and sustainability category, and outstanding human resource team section.
The Hallwood Road campus has had a successful few weeks after also making the finals in the CN Group Education and Learning Awards – in eight of the 19 categories – and one category of the CN Group Business Awards.
Principal Cath Richardson said: “This is an exciting time for Lakes College andthe number of awards we have been shortlisted for is a great reflection of the calibre of work this little college from West Cumbria does.”
First published at 11:54, Friday, 14 September 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington pub granted 4.30am licence
- Workington newsagent top Lottery fund-raiser
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre
- Free surprise as Julie says it with flowers
- Teacher earns trophy by a whisker
- ‘Three-year wait’ for disc parking on Cockermouth street
- Council pair offer £9,000 to end years of misery for bus passengers
- Tony’s now a winner in his life-long battle of the bulge
- Cockermouth Beer Festival goes down a treat
- New lease of life for historic Workington pub