New headteacher for West Cumbrian secondary school
Last updated at 19:42, Thursday, 22 March 2012
The new headteacher of Maryport’s Netherhall School has been named.
Jonathan Johnson will take over from retiring head David Sibbit, who will leave at the end of the summer term.
Mr Johnson is associate head of Gloucester Academy and will begin his new role in September.
He is working at present for Prospects Improve, providing improvement support as associate headteacher.
He took on his first headship at Quarrendon School in Aylesbury in January 2006, becoming principal of Aylesbury Vale Academy when the school converted to academy status in 2009. He left that post in November 2011.
Netherhall School governors said he would bring a wealth of experience and ideas to the school.
Mr Johnson was unavailable for comment last night.
Mr Sibbit, 57, who is to retire after 15 years as head, said he hoped to continue working in education, in a leadership development role.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 22 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington pub granted 4.30am licence
- Workington newsagent top Lottery fund-raiser
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre
- Free surprise as Julie says it with flowers
- Teacher earns trophy by a whisker
- ‘Three-year wait’ for disc parking on Cockermouth street
- Council pair offer £9,000 to end years of misery for bus passengers
- Tony’s now a winner in his life-long battle of the bulge
- Cockermouth Beer Festival goes down a treat
- New lease of life for historic Workington pub