Workington care home admissions suspended
Last updated at 15:45, Friday, 07 March 2014
Admissions have been suspended at a Workington care home after concerns were raised by nurses.
Cumbria County Council has stopped new admissions at the Rosecroft Residential Home on Westfield Drive.
No details have been revealed about the nature and seriousness of the concerns, which were raised by community nurses from Cumbria Partnership NHS Trust.
A council spokesman said: “We are working with the management at Rosecroft and our partners at the NHS and Care Quality Commission to put in place an improvement plan.
“The safety and welfare of residents is always our top priority and we will work with the home and our partners to ensure it makes the changes that are required.
“Once we are satisfied the home is making the necessary changes, admissions will start again.”
A commission spokesman said: “We are aware of concerns that have been raised by the community nurses from Cumbria Partnership NHS Trust.”
She said the home was due for an inspection and would be visited imminently.
The commission will also keep in contact with other agencies visiting the home, including Healthwatch Cumbria.
At its latest commission inspection in August of last year the home met all required standards. It was judged as building good relationships with residents and supporting them well.
A spokesman for Cumbria Partnership NHS Trust, which runs the community nursing service, said it was working with the CQC and the council to address issues raised.
Rosecroft has capacity for 51 residents. There were 43 this week.
It is managed by Stilecroft (MPS) Limited, part of MPS Care, which also runs Stilecroft Residential Home at Stainburn.
Nobody from the home or company was available to comment.
First published at 15:40, Friday, 07 March 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand
- ‘Truly glorious’, says RAF veteran as he soars again
- Time capsule message from Harrington pupils
- Excavation sheds more light on life in Roman Maryport
- Commonwealth baton honour for dairy man
- Classrooms put together in just a day
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (17 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company