Good hair day as salon pros put on a show
Published at 15:04, Friday, 13 June 2014
Students and salon owners from across West Cumbria were given a rare opportunity to see a professional salon show at Lillyhall’s Lakes College.
Around 60 people turned out to see the artistic team from Trade Hair Supplies on Monday.
The team of nine showcased creative long hair styles and trends, focusing on the latest colours and cuts.
Its aim was to give students and stylists an insight into the creative work of styling for professional shows.
The team prepared models during the day and displayed their skills as part of the show, held in the college’s Special Education Needs centre.
Irene Farragher, hair tutor, said: “This is a great opportunity for our students and local stylists to see professionals using their skills during a show.
“We wanted to bring the show to people in the region rather than stylists and salon owners taking time out of their businesses to travel to shows out of the county.”
The Trade Hair Supplies team, who each run their own salon, travel around the UK showing their skills.
Lesley Stitt, art director with the team, added: “This event is about us promoting our work to local salons and students. It is also helping to show people what colleges can offer.”
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- West Cumbria solar park plan refused (3 comments)
- Boxing hero Frank Bruno enters ring for club
- Great Broughton woman's marathon
- Resignations prompt merger bid by two West Cumbrian GP surgeries
- Decision due over major West Cumbrian solar park
- Last day at school for administrator Linda
- Wind turbine councillor denies ‘hypocrisy’ claim (3 comments)
- All hands to pumps as fire takes hold at Flimby firm
- Vow of love for Maryport cancer fighter
- Nightmare on Mount Everest for West Cumbrian climbers