West Cumbrian village school praised for its progress
Last updated at 16:38, Friday, 08 August 2014
Broughton Moor Primary School has been rated “good” by Ofsted after inspectors found it had made progress.
BROUGHTON Moor Primary School has been rated “good” by Ofsted after inspectors found it had made progress.
The school was told it needed to improve after a previous inspection.
Inspectors visited on July 2 and found that significant work had been done under the leadership of headteacher Pete Dawson.
They said achievement was now good, with pupils gaining above average levels by the end of year six after coming from typically low starting points.
Behaviour was found to be outstanding, supported pupils’ progress, and teaching was rated as good and sometimes outstanding.
The inspectors said: “The headteacher is driving improvement through the school with energy, determination and skill, fully supported by all the staff and the governing body.
“He has reshaped staffing and introduced new ways of working to help raise achievement.
“Staff morale is high as the impact of these changes become apparent.”
They called on the school to improve teaching further and develop outdoor learning for younger pupils to develop language and number skills more rapidly.
Mr Dawson said: “Our SATs results are excellent this year but the most important aspect of our school is that everyone is very safe, very happy and we love coming to school.”
First published at 15:33, Friday, 08 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Go-ahead for 320-home Cockermouth estate (7 comments)
- Pupils' plea for new lollipop man or woman
- Double retirement at Aspatria's Beacon Hill School
- Pharmacy opening times over Christmas and new year
- Council services during festive period
- Search for family of VC hero ahead of memorial event
- Anger at closure of town register office
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts