Air ambulances called to A66 crash near Keswick
Last updated at 17:58, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
Two air ambulances were called to the A66 at Portinscale near Keswick this afternoon after a crash involving two cyclists.
One elderly man suffered head injuries and another suffered a fractured hip in the accident at about 4pm.
An ambulance service spokesman said one of the men was airlifted to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle while the other was flown to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
A spokesman for Cumbria police said the men were both 73.
One was from Keswick and the other from Whitehaven, she added.
The accident happened at the junction for Portinscale.
First published at 17:09, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8