Air ambulances called to A66 crash near Keswick
Last updated at 17:58, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
Two air ambulances were called to the A66 at Portinscale near Keswick this afternoon after a crash involving two cyclists.
One elderly man suffered head injuries and another suffered a fractured hip in the accident at about 4pm.
An ambulance service spokesman said one of the men was airlifted to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle while the other was flown to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
A spokesman for Cumbria police said the men were both 73.
One was from Keswick and the other from Whitehaven, she added.
The accident happened at the junction for Portinscale.
First published at 17:09, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Bid to install defibrillators in phone boxes
- CN Group Business Awards launched
- Tuck in to Eats!
- Settlement fears over bid to move admin staff
- Police to move from Marvejols Park base (1 comment)
- New-look pub open
- £500,000 for major upgrade at care home
- New boost for Workington centre’s development
- 80-year-old twins celebrate birthday
- Organiser Gary to launch yet another trawler race weekend