Air ambulances called to A66 crash near Keswick
Last updated at 17:58, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
Two air ambulances were called to the A66 at Portinscale near Keswick this afternoon after a crash involving two cyclists.
One elderly man suffered head injuries and another suffered a fractured hip in the accident at about 4pm.
An ambulance service spokesman said one of the men was airlifted to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle while the other was flown to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
A spokesman for Cumbria police said the men were both 73.
One was from Keswick and the other from Whitehaven, she added.
The accident happened at the junction for Portinscale.
First published at 17:09, Wednesday, 08 August 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Workington care home put residents’ safety ‘at risk’
- West Cumbria woman Harriet turns 100
- Performing arts hub planned for Workington
- Workington boy scores top marks for school attendance
- Council couple lead Maryport parking charge fight
- Help former Workington Reds kit man net charity cash
- Double retirement for West Cumbria teaching couple