Seaton allotment hope
Last updated at 12:19, Friday, 12 October 2012
Allotment holders in Seaton who face an uncertain future on their current site could be thrown a lifeline by the parish council.
It wants to buy land for 20 plots and has advertised for landowners to come forward.
It leases land off Lowca Lane, but the site was sold to Ken Walker, of Barncroft Avenue, and DW Hall at auction in December. In January, the owners said they wanted to clear the site.
Trevor Fee, parish council chairman, said: “We want to help the allotment holders the best we can.
“We have tried to contact the new owners but they have not responded.”
First published at 11:56, Friday, 12 October 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (7 comments)
- Cumbrian hospital operating theatres to stay shut after alert
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Benefits fraud woman sentenced by Cumbrian court
- Plan to build 50 homes in West Cumbrian village (5 comments)