Aspatria gurner on prime time TV
Published at 10:13, Friday, 30 August 2013
West Cumbria’s world champion gurner Tommy Mattinson was special guest on a new prime time TV show at the weekend.
Fourteen-time world champ Tommy, a builder from Aspatria, appeared on the BBC1 show I Love My Country on Saturday.
He judged the gurning skills of two teams of celebrities who included former Eastenders favourite Martine McCutcheon, Olympic gold medallist Dame Kelly Holmes and comedian Frank Skinner. It was presented by Gaby Logan.
Tommy filmed a pilot edition of the show last year.
He said: “I got to go back and film this episode after the pilot so it was a real honour.
“It was a great experience and they were all really down to earth especially Martine McCutcheon who was a brilliant gurner.”
Tommy said he had a few more shows in the pipeline including a documentary on modelling agency Ugly Models, which he is part of.
He added: “I can’t say too much at the moment but an American TV crew has approached me to do the documentary.”
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fallen tree closes main West Cumbria road
- Council facing inquiry into collusion claim
- Heartbreaking wait for life-saving donor (1 comment)
- Low-cost meals will help tackle poverty (1 comment)
- Charity night for hotel man's first quarter of a century
- Arctic war veteran finally gets medal
- Award for dedicated service to school
- Lee directs hard-hitting message on road safety
- Smartphone app helps lost walker
- Main Cockermouth roads reopen after woman knocked over