Tributes to man found in West Cumbrian river
Last updated at 15:13, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Tributes have been paid to a Cockermouth man whose body was found in the River Derwent yesterday.
Henry Stephenson, 80, of Gote Road, was found at Camerton at 2.50pm yesterday after police were alerted by a member of the public.
Emergency services attended but Mr Stephenson was pronounced dead at the scene.
In a statement his family said: “He was a lovely person and a very private man who had lived in Cockermouth most of his life.
“We cannot believe he is gone and he will be missed by us all.”
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and are conducting enquiries on behalf of the coroner.
First published at 08:44, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington's Emily is still smiling
- 100 jobs masterplan revealed by M-Sport
- Mutiny on Cockermouth's Main Street
- Workington road will close for resurfacing
- Gilcrux pub to reopen after flood
- Workington care home admissions suspended
- Piglet boom at West Cumbria animal park
- Pulling in beer lovers in Workington
- Council is selling Workington's Old Rectory
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named