Tributes to man found in West Cumbrian river
Last updated at 15:13, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Tributes have been paid to a Cockermouth man whose body was found in the River Derwent yesterday.
Henry Stephenson, 80, of Gote Road, was found at Camerton at 2.50pm yesterday after police were alerted by a member of the public.
Emergency services attended but Mr Stephenson was pronounced dead at the scene.
In a statement his family said: “He was a lovely person and a very private man who had lived in Cockermouth most of his life.
“We cannot believe he is gone and he will be missed by us all.”
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and are conducting enquiries on behalf of the coroner.
First published at 08:44, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Proud to be Cumbrian? Tell us why!
- Maryport gets life-saving campaign boost
- Candidates stand up to scrutiny at hustings
- Trevor’s photography hobby soars to even greater heights
- Computer helps Laura in her bid to communicate
- Thousands expected to flock to key sheep show in Cockermouth
- Workington factory ends production (1 comment)
- Motley crew to light up stage a prelude to Georgian Fair
- Drive for new volunteers for vital car service (1 comment)
- New task force to tackle town’s pigeon population (2 comments)