Tributes to man found in West Cumbrian river
Last updated at 15:13, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Tributes have been paid to a Cockermouth man whose body was found in the River Derwent yesterday.
Henry Stephenson, 80, of Gote Road, was found at Camerton at 2.50pm yesterday after police were alerted by a member of the public.
Emergency services attended but Mr Stephenson was pronounced dead at the scene.
In a statement his family said: “He was a lovely person and a very private man who had lived in Cockermouth most of his life.
“We cannot believe he is gone and he will be missed by us all.”
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and are conducting enquiries on behalf of the coroner.
First published at 08:44, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (1 comment)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Don't forget to pick up next week's Times & Star!
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status