Tributes to man found in West Cumbrian river
Last updated at 15:13, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Tributes have been paid to a Cockermouth man whose body was found in the River Derwent yesterday.
Henry Stephenson, 80, of Gote Road, was found at Camerton at 2.50pm yesterday after police were alerted by a member of the public.
Emergency services attended but Mr Stephenson was pronounced dead at the scene.
In a statement his family said: “He was a lovely person and a very private man who had lived in Cockermouth most of his life.
“We cannot believe he is gone and he will be missed by us all.”
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and are conducting enquiries on behalf of the coroner.
First published at 08:44, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death