Busy West Cumbria road reopens after crash
Last updated at 12:42, Thursday, 17 January 2013
A busy Cockermouth road has reopened after a collision at about 10.45am this morning.
Lorton Street was blocked after a Daihatsu Terios 4x4 and a Nissan Micra were in collision on the bridge.
The 31-year-old driver of the Nissan was taken to Whitehaven’s West Cumberland Hospital with minor injuries.
The 61-year-old driver of the Daihatsu was not injured.
Cumbria County Council’s Highways team were called to assess if the bridge has been damaged and to clear the cars from the road.
The road reopened at about 12.15pm.
First published at 12:21, Thursday, 17 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8