Busy West Cumbria road reopens after crash
Last updated at 12:42, Thursday, 17 January 2013
A busy Cockermouth road has reopened after a collision at about 10.45am this morning.
Lorton Street was blocked after a Daihatsu Terios 4x4 and a Nissan Micra were in collision on the bridge.
The 31-year-old driver of the Nissan was taken to Whitehaven’s West Cumberland Hospital with minor injuries.
The 61-year-old driver of the Daihatsu was not injured.
Cumbria County Council’s Highways team were called to assess if the bridge has been damaged and to clear the cars from the road.
The road reopened at about 12.15pm.
First published at 12:21, Thursday, 17 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)
- Moon jellies light up aquarium
- Carnival is cancelled over town roadworks
- Story Homes wants man to pay Deer Park costs (1 comment)