Busy West Cumbria road reopens after crash
Last updated at 12:42, Thursday, 17 January 2013
A busy Cockermouth road has reopened after a collision at about 10.45am this morning.
Lorton Street was blocked after a Daihatsu Terios 4x4 and a Nissan Micra were in collision on the bridge.
The 31-year-old driver of the Nissan was taken to Whitehaven’s West Cumberland Hospital with minor injuries.
The 61-year-old driver of the Daihatsu was not injured.
Cumbria County Council’s Highways team were called to assess if the bridge has been damaged and to clear the cars from the road.
The road reopened at about 12.15pm.
First published at 12:21, Thursday, 17 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Group plans to reopen Workington Hall
- Jeanne is cover image for American novelist
- Daughters’ tribute raises thousands for charity
- Support group is planned for grandparents
- Wave energy plan for Solway to power thousands of homes
- All markets banned from Market Place (6 comments)
- Workington school is making ‘progress’
- Big win for woman on national bingo game
- Bargain store opens in Workington next week (4 comments)
- Maryport man charged with murder of his wife