Busy West Cumbria road reopens after crash
Last updated at 12:42, Thursday, 17 January 2013
A busy Cockermouth road has reopened after a collision at about 10.45am this morning.
Lorton Street was blocked after a Daihatsu Terios 4x4 and a Nissan Micra were in collision on the bridge.
The 31-year-old driver of the Nissan was taken to Whitehaven’s West Cumberland Hospital with minor injuries.
The 61-year-old driver of the Daihatsu was not injured.
Cumbria County Council’s Highways team were called to assess if the bridge has been damaged and to clear the cars from the road.
The road reopened at about 12.15pm.
First published at 12:21, Thursday, 17 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Bid to install defibrillators in phone boxes
- CN Group Business Awards launched
- Tuck in to Eats!
- Settlement fears over bid to move admin staff
- Police to move from Marvejols Park base
- New-look pub open
- £500,000 for major upgrade at care home
- New boost for Workington centre’s development
- 80-year-old twins celebrate birthday
- Organiser Gary to launch yet another trawler race weekend