Chance to jazz up T-shirts in time for Workington walk
Last updated at 22:42, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Midnight Walk T-shirts will be available to pick up from Workington town centre tomorrow and Workington’s Crafty Workshop is offering to help add an extra bit of sparkle.
Staff from Hospice at Home West Cumbria will be in the empty shop opposite Home Bargains and next to the Rug Shop in Campbell-Savours Way from 10am to 1.30pm to hand out the T-shirts and information packs for the six-mile fund-raising walk on June 29.
When the T-shirts arrived the name of the main sponsor of the event, Hunday Manor, was missing a Y so the charity decided to turn this into a competition for people to add in the missing Y and create the jazziest T-shirt.
Crafty Workshop, on Corporation Road, will open from 4pm next Thursday and Friday for anyone taking part in the women-only walk to help them make the most creative T-shirts possible.
Women can book hourly slots for £3 and the workshop will provide glitter, gems, paint, ribbons and feathers for them to jazz up their T-shirts.
Lesley Edmondson, the owner of Crafty Workshop, is taking part in the walk along with two of her staff, Katy Leese and Vicky Morgan.
Any profits made on the two nights will be donated to the hospice.
T-shirts can be picked up from the empty shop for family and friends and any that are not picked up will have to be hand delivered by hospice staff and volunteers.
To book a slot at the Crafty Workshop, call 01900 605888.
First published at 19:23, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- A595 roadworks completed
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (9 comments)
- Cat killed in Workington dog attack (1 comment)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)