Cockermouth Beer Festival goes down a treat
Last updated at 13:35, Friday, 06 December 2013
This year’s Cockermouth Beer Festival has raised £7,500 for charity.
Hundreds of people packed into the town’s Kirkgate Centre to sample more than 70 beers and ciders on offer.
The event was organised by Cockermouth Round Table with most of the money donated to local charities.
Graeme Mitchell, of the Round Table, said: “There was a fantastic atmosphere across all the four sessions.
“We even had members from Maryport Round Table who always come in fancy dress and this year they were in kilts because it was St Andrew’s Day.
“They were dancing around on the table and that summed the whole atmosphere up.
“Thanks must go to all our volunteers, supporters, sponsors, Jennings and everybody for turning up.”
First published at 13:34, Friday, 06 December 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- GET INVOLVED: Uppies and Downies 2014
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)
- Moon jellies light up aquarium
- Carnival is cancelled over town roadworks
- Story Homes wants man to pay Deer Park costs (1 comment)