Cockermouth Midsummer Festival will be fantastic
Last updated at 20:11, Thursday, 09 February 2012
Cockermouth's Midsummer Festival will be better than ever, organisers said this week.
Preparations for the festival, from June 15 to June 23, are well advanced.
The first event will be a comedy about the first Olympic Games in Greece.
Other highlights will include a series of Cumbrian short films, children’s theatre and the Monster Ceilidh Band from Newcastle.
A solstice picnic is planned for June 21 when the Olympic torch relay is due to pass through the town.
The festival will end on June 23 with Cockermouth Live, which will see around 40 groups performing across eight venues, including the Memorial Gardens, the Kirkgate Centre, Jennings Brewery and Wordsworth House.
Kathy Hick, Cockermouth Live co-ordinator, said: “It will be a great end to the festival.”
First published at 19:20, Thursday, 09 February 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8