Cockermouth road closure announced
Published at 11:46, Wednesday, 03 September 2014
A temporary road closure will be put in place on Cockermouth Main Street tomorrow.
Cumbria County Council announced today that the road will be closed in both directions from its junction with Station Street to Cocker Bridge.
The work is scheduled to take two days and is planned for tomorrow and Friday.
A spokesperson said: “It will allow completion of phase two surfacing and laying of new road markings, as previously indicated.
“The road between Station Street and Cocker Bridge is expected to be closed from early morning of Thursday and reopen on Friday evening.
“During this time, pedestrian access will be maintained on both footways through the closed section.
“We apologise for the short notice of this closure which we appreciate is disruptive to travel arrangements and businesses.”
The diversion route for traffic to Market Place (and vice-versa) will be the same as for the phase two closure – via Sullart Street/A66/Dubwath /C2064. There will be no traffic management restrictions or traffic lights on Kirkgate, St Helen’s Street or Castlegate this time due to the short duration of the closure.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Local sailors prepare to feature in Lake District film