Cockermouth road closure announced
Published at 11:46, Wednesday, 03 September 2014
A temporary road closure will be put in place on Cockermouth Main Street tomorrow.
Cumbria County Council announced today that the road will be closed in both directions from its junction with Station Street to Cocker Bridge.
The work is scheduled to take two days and is planned for tomorrow and Friday.
A spokesperson said: “It will allow completion of phase two surfacing and laying of new road markings, as previously indicated.
“The road between Station Street and Cocker Bridge is expected to be closed from early morning of Thursday and reopen on Friday evening.
“During this time, pedestrian access will be maintained on both footways through the closed section.
“We apologise for the short notice of this closure which we appreciate is disruptive to travel arrangements and businesses.”
The diversion route for traffic to Market Place (and vice-versa) will be the same as for the phase two closure – via Sullart Street/A66/Dubwath /C2064. There will be no traffic management restrictions or traffic lights on Kirkgate, St Helen’s Street or Castlegate this time due to the short duration of the closure.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Boiler problem shuts Workington swimming pools
- Charity bike ride next week
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)
- Bargain Hunt crew visits West Cumbria
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Sarah Millican comes to Keswick
- COMING SOON: Uppies and Downies as it happens