Cockermouth road closure announced
Published at 11:46, Wednesday, 03 September 2014
A temporary road closure will be put in place on Cockermouth Main Street tomorrow.
Cumbria County Council announced today that the road will be closed in both directions from its junction with Station Street to Cocker Bridge.
The work is scheduled to take two days and is planned for tomorrow and Friday.
A spokesperson said: “It will allow completion of phase two surfacing and laying of new road markings, as previously indicated.
“The road between Station Street and Cocker Bridge is expected to be closed from early morning of Thursday and reopen on Friday evening.
“During this time, pedestrian access will be maintained on both footways through the closed section.
“We apologise for the short notice of this closure which we appreciate is disruptive to travel arrangements and businesses.”
The diversion route for traffic to Market Place (and vice-versa) will be the same as for the phase two closure – via Sullart Street/A66/Dubwath /C2064. There will be no traffic management restrictions or traffic lights on Kirkgate, St Helen’s Street or Castlegate this time due to the short duration of the closure.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (2 comments)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (3 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition (1 comment)
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines