Connie Fisher says ‘break a leg’ to Workington youngsters
Last updated at 12:29, Friday, 21 September 2012
West End star Connie Fisher has sent a personal good luck message to the cast of a Workington production of The Sound of Music.
Miss Fisher, who won the BBC talent show How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? told Workington Amateur Operatic Society: “Break all your legs for your forthcoming production of The Sound of Music.”
The star of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Sound Of Music production added: “It’s a wonderful show and I hope you enjoy performing it as much as I did, both at the London Palladium and on UK national tour.
“Climb every mountain ’til you find your dream!”
Laura Johnston, who plays Maria in the Workington production, and cast members playing the Von Trapp children had written to Miss Fisher.
Norman Brayton, society chairman, said: “This was quite a special acknowledgement made to our society from a West End star.”
Its 60-member cast includes Owen O’Donnell, Emily Jardine, Andrew White, Amelia Crawford, Andrew McMinn, Emma-Jayne Christian, Aimee Morley, Evie Askew, Luke Collins, Megan Singleton, Emmie Singleton, Catlen Edmondson and Jennifer Hawley.
Youngsters from the society’s junior group will take it in turns to play the Von Trapp children during the show’s run from October 8 to October 13 at the Carnegie Theatre.
The show will also feature a sing-along performance on October 7. For tickets, call 01900 602122.
First published at 11:50, Friday, 21 September 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8