Distington Vintage and Steam Rally cancelled
Last updated at 19:36, Thursday, 28 June 2012
This year’s Distington Steam and Vintage Rally has been cancelled for the first time in 31 years.
Torrential rain has left fields at Hayes Castle Farm too wet to allow vehicles on to the site.
The annual event, which features classic cars, vintage motorbikes and rare tractors, was due to take place on Sunday.
Bob Sanderson, organiser, said: “The main rally field is virtually impassable.
“We are very disappointed as it takes 12 months and around two dozen people to help organise the event, and it will cost us money.”
Mr Sanderson said there were still plans to hold the rally next year.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status