Fakes line up for festival
Last updated at 12:05, Friday, 29 March 2013
Ten bands and one perfect day when it’s cool to be a copycat.
West Cumbria’s ultimate tribute festival will return to Maryport in May, and organisers promise great entertainment for less than the cost of a pint per band.
Maryport Summer Festival , at Maryport Rugby League Club, will take place on May 5 and will feature tributes to AC/DC, Kasabian, Green Day, The Killers and Stereophonics.
Tickets are priced at £15 for the day.
Now in its fourth year, festival spokesman Paul Williamson said: “We recognise that people don’t have as much money in their pockets so we have purposely kept prices as low as possible.
“A ticket works out at only £1.50 per band, which offers fantastic value for money and we’re delighted with the line-up.
“We’ve got a 500-person capacity and festival-goers don’t have to worry about the weather as it’s all under cover in a marquee.”
Headliners will be AC/DC tribute band Livewire.
Kazabian are so good that Kasabian, on whom they base their act, want to use them in one of their shows. Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan has said: “I’ve been keeping tabs on them for ages. They’re frightening, they’re so good.”
Other tribute acts will include Green Date, who have a huge following for their tribute to the US punk band Green Day, The Killerz and Stereotonics.
The festival is for over-16s only and tickets are £15.
They are available from the Carnegie Theatre in Workington or the Alauna Salon in Maryport.
First published at 11:43, Friday, 29 March 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- West Cumbria housing estate scheme gets green light
- Solfest is back with a bang! (2 comments)
- Maryport take-away plans approved
- Controversial Workington cross can stay
- Workington man wins fight to keep 9ft-high crucifix (6 comments)
- New Taste Cumbria food fair launched
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design