Family of teen found dead near Maryport thanks rescue team
Last updated at 09:53, Friday, 27 December 2013
The family of a teenager found dead on a beach near Maryport have asked for donations for the town’s inshore rescue team.
Callum William Moody-Chapman, 17, was discovered by a passer-by near Maryport Golf Club on Tuesday of last week.
Callum, from Grimsby, was visiting relatives in Ennerdale Road, Maryport, and was missing for three days before his body was found.
Maryport Inshore Rescue were among those who spent hours searching for Callum.
They carried out an operation that covered an area including the river and shoreline from north of Allonby to south of Maryport.
His family said they wanted any donations for his funeral to go to the rescue team.
His mother Nichola Moody, 38, and father Kevin Chapman, 50, thanked all those involved in the search for their son.
They said in a joint statement: “The police and Maryport Inshore Rescue have shown such professionalism and compassion, and have been amazing with ourselves and extended family.”
Callum’s funeral will be held in Grimsby on Monday.
An inquest into his death has been opened and adjourned to May 23.
First published at 09:31, Friday, 27 December 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington flats plans are approved for second time
- More homes get the go-ahead in Cockermouth
- UPDATED: Planners say no to Bothel solar farm proposal (1 comment)
- Foodbank launches children's lunch packs
- Hair today....gone tomorrow
- Toilet fire ends football tournament on sour note
- Top marks for West Cumbria teachers
- Did you hear Workington's big bang? (19 comments)
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Lakes College learners celebrated