Family of teen found dead near Maryport thanks rescue team
Last updated at 09:53, Friday, 27 December 2013
The family of a teenager found dead on a beach near Maryport have asked for donations for the town’s inshore rescue team.
Callum William Moody-Chapman, 17, was discovered by a passer-by near Maryport Golf Club on Tuesday of last week.
Callum, from Grimsby, was visiting relatives in Ennerdale Road, Maryport, and was missing for three days before his body was found.
Maryport Inshore Rescue were among those who spent hours searching for Callum.
They carried out an operation that covered an area including the river and shoreline from north of Allonby to south of Maryport.
His family said they wanted any donations for his funeral to go to the rescue team.
His mother Nichola Moody, 38, and father Kevin Chapman, 50, thanked all those involved in the search for their son.
They said in a joint statement: “The police and Maryport Inshore Rescue have shown such professionalism and compassion, and have been amazing with ourselves and extended family.”
Callum’s funeral will be held in Grimsby on Monday.
An inquest into his death has been opened and adjourned to May 23.
First published at 09:31, Friday, 27 December 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- West Cumbria housing estate scheme gets green light
- Maryport take-away plans approved
- Controversial Workington cross can stay (1 comment)
- Workington man wins fight to keep 9ft-high crucifix (8 comments)
- New Taste Cumbria food fair launched
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (7 comments)