Firefighters investigate Maryport chemical incident
Last updated at 15:31, Thursday, 24 October 2013
Four teams of firefighters are in Maryport after a suspected chemical leak at an industrial estate.
The crews, from Maryport and Workington, were called out to Glasson Industrial Estate at 1.08pm.
It is understood that methanol - a type of non-drinkable alcohol used for industrial and automotive purposes - was being moved from a tank when the suspected leak happened.
The first firefighters were on the scene at 1.18pm.
Firefighters are checking tanks and containers at Glasson House.
A fire service spokesman said a leak had not yet been found.
First published at 15:23, Thursday, 24 October 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Council facing inquiry into collusion claim
- Heartbreaking wait for life-saving donor (1 comment)
- Low-cost meals will help tackle poverty (1 comment)
- Charity night for hotel man's first quarter of a century
- Arctic war veteran finally gets medal
- Award for dedicated service to school
- Lee directs hard-hitting message on road safety
- Smartphone app helps lost walker
- Main Cockermouth roads reopen after woman knocked over
- Cockermouth hotel does Christmas just like Posh and Becks (1 comment)