Flood repair work on bridge
Last updated at 19:33, Thursday, 12 July 2012
Work is being done at Broughton Bridge to finish repairing damage caused by the 2009 floods.
The work, including installation of rock armour and pier repair, was started last year but could not be completed within the allowed window for working in the river.
The river cannot be worked in between October and May because it disrupts wildlife.
The bridge, which links Great and Little Broughton to the A66, was closed for nearly four months after the floods caused damage including leaving a 4ft hole in one of its piers.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 12 July 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8