Free chance to be happy and healthy
Last updated at 19:46, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Maryport will make an Olympian effort to help families get healthy and happy next weekend, thanks to a £10,000 grant.
The Happy, Healthy Maryport Fun Day on Saturday will offer free activities and fun for all the family at Netherhall Community Sports Centre.
The event will be the climax to a Lottery-funded project that started at the beginning of the last school term.
It has been organised by the Maryport Extended Schools’ Partnership as the town’s contribution to promoting health and sport in the Olympic year.
Nicola Woolley, partnership co-ordinator, said: “We received nearly £10,000 which we have used in all the local schools in the partnership and to fund the fun day.”
Schools have had the chance to try fitness pursuits not normally included among their activities.
The fun day, from 1pm to 4pm, will include free swims, badminton, table tennis, archery, a bouncy obstacle course, gladiator dual game, and a climbing wall.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8