Free chance to be happy and healthy
Last updated at 19:46, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Maryport will make an Olympian effort to help families get healthy and happy next weekend, thanks to a £10,000 grant.
The Happy, Healthy Maryport Fun Day on Saturday will offer free activities and fun for all the family at Netherhall Community Sports Centre.
The event will be the climax to a Lottery-funded project that started at the beginning of the last school term.
It has been organised by the Maryport Extended Schools’ Partnership as the town’s contribution to promoting health and sport in the Olympic year.
Nicola Woolley, partnership co-ordinator, said: “We received nearly £10,000 which we have used in all the local schools in the partnership and to fund the fun day.”
Schools have had the chance to try fitness pursuits not normally included among their activities.
The fun day, from 1pm to 4pm, will include free swims, badminton, table tennis, archery, a bouncy obstacle course, gladiator dual game, and a climbing wall.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- A595 roadworks completed
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (9 comments)
- Cat killed in Workington dog attack (1 comment)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)