Free surprise as Julie says it with flowers
Last updated at 13:39, Friday, 06 December 2013
A Workington florist is about to spread a bit of Christmas cheer with a random act of kindness today.
Julie Carruthers, 47, who runs Fearon Flowers, will place a Christmas bouquet in a secret location in the town, just to brighten someone’s day.
It is part of a national campaign called the Christmas Lonely Bouquet, which aims to make strangers happy.
Julie said that anyone who finds the bouquet can take it home for free to enjoy.
She said: “I think it’s a lovely thing to do to brighten up someone’s Christmas and we hope to do the same again next year.”
Julie took over the Harrington Road business five years ago from her father Brian Fearon.
First published at 13:35, Friday, 06 December 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington's Emily is still smiling
- 100 jobs masterplan revealed by M-Sport
- Mutiny on Cockermouth's Main Street
- Workington road will close for resurfacing
- Gilcrux pub to reopen after flood
- Workington care home admissions suspended
- Piglet boom at West Cumbria animal park
- Pulling in beer lovers in Workington
- Council is selling Workington's Old Rectory
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named