Infant honour guard at Workington nursery worker‘s wedding
Last updated at 16:36, Friday, 08 August 2014
Youngsters from a Workington pre-school surprised a member of staff on her wedding day.
Katie Little married Karl Davison at the town’s Our Lady and St Michael’s Church on Monday.
Karl and Katie, deputy manager of Jack and Jill Pre-School at St Mary’s School in Westfield, left the church to be greeted by a guard of honour from the toddlers who held up bunting.
Katie, 27, said: “I knew my manager was plotting something but I didn’t realise it would be that fabulous.
“It nearly brought tears to my eyes how thoughtful they had been. It was that extra little touch that made the day really special.”
Claire Sowerby, pre-school manager, said: “We wanted to do something really special for Katie to show how much she means to the team and pupils.”
The couple, of West View Walk, have been together since they were pupils at the town’s Southfield Technology College.
Karl, 27, a painter and decorator, popped the question at his parents’ house on Calder Drive when they were 18.
They planned to get married in 2012, but the arrival of daughter Avieanna in 2011 pushed the wedding back.
Their big day marked the 50th wedding anniversary of Katie’s grandparents John and Irene Hughes, of Shore Road, Salterbeck.
First published at 15:30, Friday, 08 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Go-ahead for 320-home Cockermouth estate (7 comments)
- Pupils' plea for new lollipop man or woman
- Double retirement at Aspatria's Beacon Hill School
- Pharmacy opening times over Christmas and new year
- Council services during festive period
- Search for family of VC hero ahead of memorial event
- Anger at closure of town register office
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts