Intimate bar date for top DJ Lisa Lashes
Last updated at 13:54, Friday, 22 February 2013
The world’s premier female DJ is coming to Workington to get up close and personal with her fans.
Lisa Lashes, a legend in the dance music scene, will be at The Vine Bar in Workington on April 6 as part of her “boutique tour”.
She has played at many of the world’s major festivals but will now perform at a series of hand-picked intimate venues including The Vine Bar.
Lisa says she wants to thank fans who have loyally supported her for more than a decade.
She said: “After playing a few intimate events in 2012 I realised I missed getting close and personal with the crowd.
“This tour will allow me to get closer to the people who have supported me.
“I’m really looking forward to these handful of one-off shows which I’ve decided to do on my boutique tour.”
The last time Lisa performed in Workington was in 2007 to sell-out crowds at the Fusion nightclub.
She will be headlining alongside DJ Genix, a leading dance artist in his own right.
Genix has also earned a Guinness World Record for the longest set in history – 84 hours – which raised money for charity.
Pub owner Paul Scott, who is spearheading a campaign to bring top acts into Workington, said he had been hounding Lisa’s manager for 18 months to get her to perform.
He said: “I was gobsmacked because I never thought it would happen.
“We have tried to bring her in two or three times but we were told we were too small.
“But she has agreed to come as part of this boutique tour. It is massive for us and for the town.”
Also performing sets will be Dina Watson, Tom Hayward and John McCrickerd.
Lisa Lashes tickets will go on sale on Monday at the Music Store in Oxford Street, the Grapes in Pinfold Street or via www.facebook.com/vinebarworkington
Tickets are £10 before March 15, after which the price will go up to £15.
First published at 13:23, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Go-ahead for 320-home Cockermouth estate (7 comments)
- Pupils' plea for new lollipop man or woman
- Double retirement at Aspatria's Beacon Hill School
- Pharmacy opening times over Christmas and new year
- Council services during festive period
- Search for family of VC hero ahead of memorial event
- Anger at closure of town register office
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts