It's time for the great hospice bake-off!
Last updated at 08:01, Friday, 23 August 2013
It's time to roll up your sleeves, put on that pinny and dust off those recipe books to raise some dough for the Times & Star’s Hospice @Finkle Street Appeal.
We want to raise money to kit out the hospice’s new centre at Workington’s Finkle Street.
Donations are already pouring in from readers. The money you raise will buy equipment for the centre’s lymphoedema clinic, which will help hundreds of people a year.
But we want to do more for the charity and get you more involved with our campaign.
So today is the launch of the Times & Star’s baking frenzy.
We want you to bake cakes and sell them in aid of the Hospice @Finkle Street Appeal.
Our cake day is Wednesday, September 18, so there’s plenty of time to get ready.
Whether it’s a couple of cookies sold to your mates or a round of scones taken into work – we want you to get involved.
Our baking frenzy is backed by Maria Ross, owner of Judibakes in Wood Street, Maryport.
The expert cake-maker has named the Hospice @Finkle Street Appeal as her charity of the year and she will be raising funds for it at events in her shop. She will also accept donations for the fund.
Maria said: “Hospice at Home West Cumbria is a charity close to everyone’s hearts. Most of us have had experiences or know someone who has had experiences with the hospice.
“It would be great to see as many people as possible baking for hospice.”
Maria has given us three recipes to give you ideas for your baking frenzy – see below.
It’s easy to get involved and here’s how:
- Decide where you’re going to sell your cakes – do you want to make an event out of it and invite others to join in?
- Tell us about it – click here to email us and fill in your details. We will try to attend your event
- Tell everyone else about it
- Get baking!
See? Couldn’t be simpler!
And if you’ve got any recipes you want to share with other Times & Star readers, or tell us about an event you’re holding, call 01900 607640 or email here.
We’d love to know what you’re doing for Hospice @Finkle Street Appeal!
First published at 07:54, Friday, 23 August 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Last clinic for school nurse Ann
- Second award for lifeboat crew doctor
- Graffiti artist Banksy pops into Cockermouth?
- New beat for new mum Laura
- Girls bring alive poems of Rossetti
- Cockermouth's flood defence work is a ‘waste of money’ says leading trader
- West Cumbrian firm in court over the death of worker
- ‘Too rude for TV’ Roy Chubby Brown flies in
- Obituary - John Payton, of Cockermouth
- No change on taxi fares in Allerdale