Jubilee music celebration in Maryport
Last updated at 20:22, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Maryport Rugby League Club will celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in style on Sunday with a major fun day for all the family.
Britain’s Got Talent finalist Les Gibson, a host of local bands and tributes acts to Coldplay, The Beatles and Stereophonics, circus workshops, quad biking, face painting and a hog roast will be among the attractions on offer at the event on Sunday, June 3, from 12.30pm.
Paul Williamson, secretary of the club, said: “We are trying to give something back to the town.
“Hopefully it will bring people together to celebrate the jubilee.”
Local bands including Broken English and Brightside are on the bill and doors open at 12.30pm.
Tickets are £12 for adults, £6 for 12 to 17 year olds and children under 12 are free when accompanied with an adult. Tickets are available from the Alauna Salon, Senhouse Street, Maryport.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- New Taste Cumbria food fair launched
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- Solfest is back with a bang! (1 comment)
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (6 comments)
- Polar bear photo in top exhibition
- Design a Cockermouth cake
- UK first for West Cumbrian factory in prostate cancer fight (2 comments)