Jubilee music celebration in Maryport
Last updated at 20:22, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Maryport Rugby League Club will celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in style on Sunday with a major fun day for all the family.
Britain’s Got Talent finalist Les Gibson, a host of local bands and tributes acts to Coldplay, The Beatles and Stereophonics, circus workshops, quad biking, face painting and a hog roast will be among the attractions on offer at the event on Sunday, June 3, from 12.30pm.
Paul Williamson, secretary of the club, said: “We are trying to give something back to the town.
“Hopefully it will bring people together to celebrate the jubilee.”
Local bands including Broken English and Brightside are on the bill and doors open at 12.30pm.
Tickets are £12 for adults, £6 for 12 to 17 year olds and children under 12 are free when accompanied with an adult. Tickets are available from the Alauna Salon, Senhouse Street, Maryport.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Council facing inquiry into collusion claim
- Heartbreaking wait for life-saving donor (1 comment)
- Low-cost meals will help tackle poverty (1 comment)
- Charity night for hotel man's first quarter of a century
- Arctic war veteran finally gets medal
- Award for dedicated service to school
- Lee directs hard-hitting message on road safety
- Smartphone app helps lost walker
- Main Cockermouth roads reopen after woman knocked over
- Cockermouth hotel does Christmas just like Posh and Becks (1 comment)