Jubilee music celebration in Maryport
Last updated at 20:22, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Maryport Rugby League Club will celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in style on Sunday with a major fun day for all the family.
Britain’s Got Talent finalist Les Gibson, a host of local bands and tributes acts to Coldplay, The Beatles and Stereophonics, circus workshops, quad biking, face painting and a hog roast will be among the attractions on offer at the event on Sunday, June 3, from 12.30pm.
Paul Williamson, secretary of the club, said: “We are trying to give something back to the town.
“Hopefully it will bring people together to celebrate the jubilee.”
Local bands including Broken English and Brightside are on the bill and doors open at 12.30pm.
Tickets are £12 for adults, £6 for 12 to 17 year olds and children under 12 are free when accompanied with an adult. Tickets are available from the Alauna Salon, Senhouse Street, Maryport.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death