Jubilee music celebration in Maryport
Last updated at 20:22, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Maryport Rugby League Club will celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in style on Sunday with a major fun day for all the family.
Britain’s Got Talent finalist Les Gibson, a host of local bands and tributes acts to Coldplay, The Beatles and Stereophonics, circus workshops, quad biking, face painting and a hog roast will be among the attractions on offer at the event on Sunday, June 3, from 12.30pm.
Paul Williamson, secretary of the club, said: “We are trying to give something back to the town.
“Hopefully it will bring people together to celebrate the jubilee.”
Local bands including Broken English and Brightside are on the bill and doors open at 12.30pm.
Tickets are £12 for adults, £6 for 12 to 17 year olds and children under 12 are free when accompanied with an adult. Tickets are available from the Alauna Salon, Senhouse Street, Maryport.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (1 comment)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (2 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)