Jubilee party planned for Maryport
Last updated at 20:00, Thursday, 10 May 2012
People are invited to Maryport Rugby League Club to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee next month.
Britain’s Got Talent finalist and comedian Les Gibson, a host of local bands and tributes acts to Coldplay, The Beatles and Stereophonics, circus workshops, quad biking, face painting and a hog roast will be among the attractions on offer at the event on Sunday, June 3.
Paul Williamson, of the club, said: “We decided to hold a party at the club for the jubilee and then we discovered there didn’t seem to be much else going on in the way of huge events in the town over the bank holiday.
“It seemed natural to us to open it out to everyone and build on the successes of our previous Fakestivals by inviting some tribute acts along.”
Local bands including Broken English and Brightside are on the bill and more acts will be announced soon.
The party will take place at Maryport Rugby League Club and doors will open at 12.30pm. Tickets are £12 for adults, £6 for 12 to 17 year olds and children under 12 are free when accompanied with an adult. Tickets are available from the Alauna Salon, Senhouse Street, Maryport.
l If any local bands would like to play at the event, they can ring Paul on 07967 740115.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (6 comments)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (9 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition (1 comment)
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines