Man dies in road accident on A595
Last updated at 13:06, Monday, 03 June 2013
Police are currently dealing with a fatal road traffic collision that occurred this morning on the A595 at Mealsgate, near Wigton.
The collision involved a wagon driven by a 52-year-old man, who suffered minor injuries, and a car driven by man who died.
Neither driver is local to Cumbria.
Police are now working to formally identify him and inform his immediate family.
Meanwhile, the A66 eastbound carriageway has now reopened after another serious crash this morning.
The collision involved a van driven by a man from Manchester who was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle via Air Ambulance and is in a critical condition.
A Vauxhall Astra was also involved and was driven by a 28-year-old man from Cockermouth. He was taken to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven and has suffered minor injuries.
The other vehicle was a HGV driven by a 66-year-old man from Maryport. He suffered no injuries.
First published at 09:00, Monday, 03 June 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (1 comment)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (2 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)