Man dies in road accident on A595
Last updated at 13:06, Monday, 03 June 2013
Police are currently dealing with a fatal road traffic collision that occurred this morning on the A595 at Mealsgate, near Wigton.
The collision involved a wagon driven by a 52-year-old man, who suffered minor injuries, and a car driven by man who died.
Neither driver is local to Cumbria.
Police are now working to formally identify him and inform his immediate family.
Meanwhile, the A66 eastbound carriageway has now reopened after another serious crash this morning.
The collision involved a van driven by a man from Manchester who was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle via Air Ambulance and is in a critical condition.
A Vauxhall Astra was also involved and was driven by a 28-year-old man from Cockermouth. He was taken to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven and has suffered minor injuries.
The other vehicle was a HGV driven by a 66-year-old man from Maryport. He suffered no injuries.
First published at 09:00, Monday, 03 June 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Maryport gets life-saving campaign boost
- Candidates stand up to scrutiny at hustings
- Trevor’s photography hobby soars to even greater heights
- Computer helps Laura in her bid to communicate
- Thousands expected to flock to key sheep show in Cockermouth
- Workington factory ends production
- Motley crew to light up stage a prelude to Georgian Fair
- Drive for new volunteers for vital car service
- New task force to tackle town’s pigeon population (1 comment)
- Maryport club’s missing £7,000 was a ‘clerical error’