Man dies in road accident on A595
Last updated at 13:06, Monday, 03 June 2013
Police are currently dealing with a fatal road traffic collision that occurred this morning on the A595 at Mealsgate, near Wigton.
The collision involved a wagon driven by a 52-year-old man, who suffered minor injuries, and a car driven by man who died.
Neither driver is local to Cumbria.
Police are now working to formally identify him and inform his immediate family.
Meanwhile, the A66 eastbound carriageway has now reopened after another serious crash this morning.
The collision involved a van driven by a man from Manchester who was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle via Air Ambulance and is in a critical condition.
A Vauxhall Astra was also involved and was driven by a 28-year-old man from Cockermouth. He was taken to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven and has suffered minor injuries.
The other vehicle was a HGV driven by a 66-year-old man from Maryport. He suffered no injuries.
First published at 09:00, Monday, 03 June 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Local sailors prepare to feature in Lake District film
- Dearham children help hospice with colourful fun run
- Bidders needed to help serve up cafe on Maryport estate
- Call for vandals to help repaint Workington mural
- PHOTOS: Swansong prom
- PHOTOS: Sixth formers say goodbye
- Tribute to the British Schindler from man he saved
- Get your Glassonbury tickets or miss out!
- Workington school out of special measures (1 comment)