Man dies in road accident on A595
Last updated at 13:06, Monday, 03 June 2013
Police are currently dealing with a fatal road traffic collision that occurred this morning on the A595 at Mealsgate, near Wigton.
The collision involved a wagon driven by a 52-year-old man, who suffered minor injuries, and a car driven by man who died.
Neither driver is local to Cumbria.
Police are now working to formally identify him and inform his immediate family.
Meanwhile, the A66 eastbound carriageway has now reopened after another serious crash this morning.
The collision involved a van driven by a man from Manchester who was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle via Air Ambulance and is in a critical condition.
A Vauxhall Astra was also involved and was driven by a 28-year-old man from Cockermouth. He was taken to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven and has suffered minor injuries.
The other vehicle was a HGV driven by a 66-year-old man from Maryport. He suffered no injuries.
First published at 09:00, Monday, 03 June 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Freeze on Allerdale councillors' allowances (3 comments)
- £2.5m wave energy boost for West Cumbrian firm