Moon jellies light up aquarium
Last updated at 12:43, Friday, 18 April 2014
The star attractions at Maryport’s Lake District Coast Aquarium this weekend are a collection of adult moon jellyfish.
The aquarium has 20 adult and 50 baby jellyfish and there will be hourly talks about the creatures during the school holidays.
Paul Sloan, head aquarist, said a special tank protected the delicate fish.
People will also have a chance to see octopuses which were rescued from the south coast, and there will be an Easter egg treasure hunt for youngsters.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 18 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death