Moon jellies light up aquarium
Last updated at 12:43, Friday, 18 April 2014
The star attractions at Maryport’s Lake District Coast Aquarium this weekend are a collection of adult moon jellyfish.
The aquarium has 20 adult and 50 baby jellyfish and there will be hourly talks about the creatures during the school holidays.
Paul Sloan, head aquarist, said a special tank protected the delicate fish.
People will also have a chance to see octopuses which were rescued from the south coast, and there will be an Easter egg treasure hunt for youngsters.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 18 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Artwork reflects Maryport history
- Little Clifton couple on a mission to help Gambia
- Tune in to Maryport man's pampered pooch TV reality show
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)
- Dog-friendly Keswick pub set to reopen (2 comments)
- Maryport bus cuts hit traders (1 comment)
- Award chance for Greysouthen writer
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- Funeral tributes to Flimby man Brian