Moon jellies light up aquarium
Last updated at 12:43, Friday, 18 April 2014
The star attractions at Maryport’s Lake District Coast Aquarium this weekend are a collection of adult moon jellyfish.
The aquarium has 20 adult and 50 baby jellyfish and there will be hourly talks about the creatures during the school holidays.
Paul Sloan, head aquarist, said a special tank protected the delicate fish.
People will also have a chance to see octopuses which were rescued from the south coast, and there will be an Easter egg treasure hunt for youngsters.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 18 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Boiler problem shuts Workington swimming pools
- Charity bike ride next week
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)
- Bargain Hunt crew visits West Cumbria
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Sarah Millican comes to Keswick
- COMING SOON: Uppies and Downies as it happens