Moon jellies light up aquarium
Last updated at 12:43, Friday, 18 April 2014
The star attractions at Maryport’s Lake District Coast Aquarium this weekend are a collection of adult moon jellyfish.
The aquarium has 20 adult and 50 baby jellyfish and there will be hourly talks about the creatures during the school holidays.
Paul Sloan, head aquarist, said a special tank protected the delicate fish.
People will also have a chance to see octopuses which were rescued from the south coast, and there will be an Easter egg treasure hunt for youngsters.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 18 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- HAVE YOUR SAY: £300m West Cumbrian water supply move to save mussels (1 comment)
- Maryport mourns rugby player who died in Eastbourne Pier fall (1 comment)
- Seaton Brownies exhibition brings back memories for Mary
- Blencathra hopes are still high
- Business booming for Claire's Cockermouth coffee shop
- Family raise funds in memory of Maryport woman Clare
- Facelift for Workington Hall if council can stump up the £300,000
- Call for action in Cockermouth over huge trees
- No compensation over Cockermouth roadworks (1 comment)
- Maryport churches host exhibitions