Moon jellies light up aquarium
Last updated at 12:43, Friday, 18 April 2014
The star attractions at Maryport’s Lake District Coast Aquarium this weekend are a collection of adult moon jellyfish.
The aquarium has 20 adult and 50 baby jellyfish and there will be hourly talks about the creatures during the school holidays.
Paul Sloan, head aquarist, said a special tank protected the delicate fish.
People will also have a chance to see octopuses which were rescued from the south coast, and there will be an Easter egg treasure hunt for youngsters.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 18 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Papcastle mum sets up charity in her front room
- Workington councillor to step down
- Lantern parade to boost West Cumbria town after roadworks
- West Cumbrian school feels a chill for a good cause
- Rocker Dez thinks big to promote his rock night
- A new start for apprentices
- Testing smells at West Cumbria factory (4 comments)
- Fury over possible sale of war memorial land (4 comments)