New home for town estate agents’ branch
Last updated at 19:57, Thursday, 02 August 2012
Workington's branch of Grisdales will move into the town’s former tourist information centre building in the next few months.
Third Place Properties, whose directors are Tim Grisdale and Rachel Ritson, bought 21 Finkle Street last month.
The building has been empty since April 2010 when the tourist information centre moved to the Carnegie Theatre. It will be opened as a branch of Grisdales Estate Agents.
Mr Grisdale, director of Grisdales Estate Agents, confirmed that the sales and lettings business would move from its 23 Finkle Street office once the new site is refurbished.
The business, which has been in its current premises for seven years, will keep on its six members of staff and manager Tessa Milner.
Mr Grisdale could not confirm whether the move would create new jobs.
He said: “It is an opportunity to relocate into premises which will give us the opportunity to create a stunning estate agency space and give a strong identity to our sales and letting services in a contemporary way.”
A spokeswoman for Allerdale council, the building’s previous owner, said the building had been sold to Third Place Properties for £150,000.
Grisdales Estate Agents also has branches in Cockermouth and Whitehaven.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 02 August 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- A595 roadworks completed
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (7 comments)
- Cat killed in Workington dog attack (1 comment)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)