New Oval Centre manager
Last updated at 14:37, Friday, 28 February 2014
A fresh face has joined Salterbeck’s Oval Centre in Workington.
Russell Taylor, 29, started in his role this week as the community centre’s new manager.
Russell aims to come up with new ideas of how the centre may be used by the community.
The former RAF telecoms engineer was a project co-ordinator for Impact’s Furniture Services West Coast before he accepted the new role.
Mr Taylor, of Whitehaven, said: “It offers great experience and I like a challenge.
“The Oval Centre is a great community hub but I want to make sure that it continues to grow.”
He replaces Ross Brown, who had been in the role for 11 months.
First published at 14:35, Friday, 28 February 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Ex Maryport coastguard and his wife celebrate 50 golden years
- Final call-out for West Cumbrian fireman Brian
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row
- Fight continues for Angel of the West in Workington (5 comments)
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations (2 comments)
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse (1 comment)
- Dancewear shop set to open in Workington
- Cockermouth care home launches tea shop
- West Cumbrian high fliers on awards shortlist
- One Direction fans flock to Workington theatre show