New Oval Centre manager
Last updated at 14:37, Friday, 28 February 2014
A fresh face has joined Salterbeck’s Oval Centre in Workington.
Russell Taylor, 29, started in his role this week as the community centre’s new manager.
Russell aims to come up with new ideas of how the centre may be used by the community.
The former RAF telecoms engineer was a project co-ordinator for Impact’s Furniture Services West Coast before he accepted the new role.
Mr Taylor, of Whitehaven, said: “It offers great experience and I like a challenge.
“The Oval Centre is a great community hub but I want to make sure that it continues to grow.”
He replaces Ross Brown, who had been in the role for 11 months.
First published at 14:35, Friday, 28 February 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (2 comments)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (3 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition (1 comment)
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines