New Oval Centre manager
Last updated at 14:37, Friday, 28 February 2014
A fresh face has joined Salterbeck’s Oval Centre in Workington.
Russell Taylor, 29, started in his role this week as the community centre’s new manager.
Russell aims to come up with new ideas of how the centre may be used by the community.
The former RAF telecoms engineer was a project co-ordinator for Impact’s Furniture Services West Coast before he accepted the new role.
Mr Taylor, of Whitehaven, said: “It offers great experience and I like a challenge.
“The Oval Centre is a great community hub but I want to make sure that it continues to grow.”
He replaces Ross Brown, who had been in the role for 11 months.
First published at 14:35, Friday, 28 February 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- West Cumbria housing estate scheme gets green light
- Maryport take-away plans approved
- Controversial Workington cross can stay (4 comments)
- Workington man wins fight to keep 9ft-high crucifix (10 comments)
- New Taste Cumbria food fair launched
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (7 comments)