New year, new baby for Cockermouth family
Last updated at 13:39, Friday, 04 January 2013
A Cockermouth couple won’t forget New Year’s Day 2013.
Abigail and Mark Connolly, of Hames Bank, Gote Brow, celebrated the new year with the arrival of a baby daughter.
Francesca Rose, weighing 8lb 11oz, was born in the West Cumberland Hospital at 9.09am after a five-hour labour for Abigail, 31.
Mark, 33, a police officer for the Civil Nuclear Constabulary at Sellafield, and Abigail, who works for the Rural Payments Agency in Workington, have another daughter Robyn, seven.
Mark said: “Robyn is absolutely over the moon as she has been looking forward to being a big sister for a long time.
“The labour went really well and I stayed to support throughout.
“Abigail started with contractions at 3.45am and we went into hospital about 6am.
“We didn’t know what the baby would be so it was a nice surprise.
“We chose her first name because we’ve always loved it. Her middle name Rose comes from my grandmother who’s called Rose. It’s a big family name.”
First published at 13:23, Friday, 04 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Well done, Abigail, all your friends at BCMS are delighted.
Make your comment
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Freeze on Allerdale councillors' allowances (4 comments)
- £2.5m wave energy boost for West Cumbrian firm