New year, new baby for Cockermouth family
Last updated at 13:39, Friday, 04 January 2013
A Cockermouth couple won’t forget New Year’s Day 2013.
Abigail and Mark Connolly, of Hames Bank, Gote Brow, celebrated the new year with the arrival of a baby daughter.
Francesca Rose, weighing 8lb 11oz, was born in the West Cumberland Hospital at 9.09am after a five-hour labour for Abigail, 31.
Mark, 33, a police officer for the Civil Nuclear Constabulary at Sellafield, and Abigail, who works for the Rural Payments Agency in Workington, have another daughter Robyn, seven.
Mark said: “Robyn is absolutely over the moon as she has been looking forward to being a big sister for a long time.
“The labour went really well and I stayed to support throughout.
“Abigail started with contractions at 3.45am and we went into hospital about 6am.
“We didn’t know what the baby would be so it was a nice surprise.
“We chose her first name because we’ve always loved it. Her middle name Rose comes from my grandmother who’s called Rose. It’s a big family name.”
First published at 13:23, Friday, 04 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Well done, Abigail, all your friends at BCMS are delighted.
Make your comment
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (8 comments)
- Artwork reflects Maryport history
- Little Clifton couple on a mission to help Gambia
- Tune in to Maryport man's pampered pooch TV reality show
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (5 comments)
- Dog-friendly Keswick pub set to reopen (2 comments)
- Maryport bus cuts hit traders (1 comment)
- Award chance for Greysouthen writer
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud
- Funeral tributes to Flimby man Brian