One Direction fans flock to Workington theatre show
Last updated at 12:45, Friday, 29 August 2014
Roars of delight greeted a One Direction tribute act who performed to 400 boy band fans at Workington’s Carnegie Theatre yesterday.
Only One Direction put on two shows in the style of Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson.
They sang the group’s hits What Makes You Beautiful, Story Of My Life, Live While We’re Young, Best Song Ever and Midnight Memories.
Ellie Jones, 10, of Workington, a pupil at Ashfield Junior School, said: “I’m so excited to listen to the band and hear all of the One Direction songs. Louis is my favourite. They’re the best band in the world.”
See next week’s Times & Star for more photos from the show.
First published at 12:30, Friday, 29 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death