One Direction fans flock to Workington theatre show
Last updated at 12:45, Friday, 29 August 2014
Roars of delight greeted a One Direction tribute act who performed to 400 boy band fans at Workington’s Carnegie Theatre yesterday.
Only One Direction put on two shows in the style of Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson.
They sang the group’s hits What Makes You Beautiful, Story Of My Life, Live While We’re Young, Best Song Ever and Midnight Memories.
Ellie Jones, 10, of Workington, a pupil at Ashfield Junior School, said: “I’m so excited to listen to the band and hear all of the One Direction songs. Louis is my favourite. They’re the best band in the world.”
See next week’s Times & Star for more photos from the show.
First published at 12:30, Friday, 29 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Maryport gets life-saving campaign boost
- Candidates stand up to scrutiny at hustings
- Trevor’s photography hobby soars to even greater heights
- Computer helps Laura in her bid to communicate
- Thousands expected to flock to key sheep show in Cockermouth
- Workington factory ends production
- Motley crew to light up stage a prelude to Georgian Fair
- Drive for new volunteers for vital car service
- New task force to tackle town’s pigeon population (1 comment)
- Maryport club’s missing £7,000 was a ‘clerical error’