One Direction fans flock to Workington theatre show
Last updated at 12:45, Friday, 29 August 2014
Roars of delight greeted a One Direction tribute act who performed to 400 boy band fans at Workington’s Carnegie Theatre yesterday.
Only One Direction put on two shows in the style of Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson.
They sang the group’s hits What Makes You Beautiful, Story Of My Life, Live While We’re Young, Best Song Ever and Midnight Memories.
Ellie Jones, 10, of Workington, a pupil at Ashfield Junior School, said: “I’m so excited to listen to the band and hear all of the One Direction songs. Louis is my favourite. They’re the best band in the world.”
See next week’s Times & Star for more photos from the show.
First published at 12:30, Friday, 29 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Freeze on Allerdale councillors' allowances (4 comments)
- £2.5m wave energy boost for West Cumbrian firm