Plea for old brewery bottle
Last updated at 15:12, Friday, 11 July 2014
A Keswick brewer is appealing for help to add an old beer bottle to her collection.
Keswick Brewing Company, based in The Old Brewery on Brewery Lane, Keswick, has 12 bottles on display in a cabinet, but one in particular has proved tricky to track down.
Owner Sue Jefferson has had a bottle from The Old Brewing Company, which was based in Keswick, on her wish list for some time.
She believes the brewery was located on or near the current site and has heard that bottles are still in existence.
Sue said: “We know that there were some bottles, more than 100 years old. The one we’re missing is vital.
“We were given some bottles when we first started brewing about eight years ago and that was how the bug started really.
“It would be lovely to get as much history of local breweries as we can.”
Anyone with information can call Sue on 017687 80700.
First published at 15:09, Friday, 11 July 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Freeze on Allerdale councillors' allowances (3 comments)
- £2.5m wave energy boost for West Cumbrian firm