Plea for old brewery bottle
Last updated at 15:12, Friday, 11 July 2014
A Keswick brewer is appealing for help to add an old beer bottle to her collection.
Keswick Brewing Company, based in The Old Brewery on Brewery Lane, Keswick, has 12 bottles on display in a cabinet, but one in particular has proved tricky to track down.
Owner Sue Jefferson has had a bottle from The Old Brewing Company, which was based in Keswick, on her wish list for some time.
She believes the brewery was located on or near the current site and has heard that bottles are still in existence.
Sue said: “We know that there were some bottles, more than 100 years old. The one we’re missing is vital.
“We were given some bottles when we first started brewing about eight years ago and that was how the bug started really.
“It would be lovely to get as much history of local breweries as we can.”
Anyone with information can call Sue on 017687 80700.
First published at 15:09, Friday, 11 July 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Artwork reflects Maryport history
- Little Clifton couple on a mission to help Gambia
- Tune in to Maryport man's pampered pooch TV reality show
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (4 comments)
- Dog-friendly Keswick pub set to reopen (2 comments)
- Maryport bus cuts hit traders (1 comment)
- Award chance for Greysouthen writer
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud
- Funeral tributes to Flimby man Brian
- Resounding ‘no’ to plan to sell-off Lorton community hall