Plea for old brewery bottle
Last updated at 15:12, Friday, 11 July 2014
A Keswick brewer is appealing for help to add an old beer bottle to her collection.
Keswick Brewing Company, based in The Old Brewery on Brewery Lane, Keswick, has 12 bottles on display in a cabinet, but one in particular has proved tricky to track down.
Owner Sue Jefferson has had a bottle from The Old Brewing Company, which was based in Keswick, on her wish list for some time.
She believes the brewery was located on or near the current site and has heard that bottles are still in existence.
Sue said: “We know that there were some bottles, more than 100 years old. The one we’re missing is vital.
“We were given some bottles when we first started brewing about eight years ago and that was how the bug started really.
“It would be lovely to get as much history of local breweries as we can.”
Anyone with information can call Sue on 017687 80700.
First published at 15:09, Friday, 11 July 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Ex Maryport coastguard and his wife celebrate 50 golden years
- Final call-out for West Cumbrian fireman Brian
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row
- Fight continues for Angel of the West in Workington
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse
- Dancewear shop set to open in Workington
- Cockermouth care home launches tea shop
- West Cumbrian high fliers on awards shortlist
- One Direction fans flock to Workington theatre show
- HAVE YOUR SAY: £300m West Cumbrian water supply move to save mussels (14 comments)
- Facelift for Workington Hall if council can stump up the £300,000 (7 comments)
- Call for action in Cockermouth over huge trees (5 comments)
- Maryport mourns rugby player who died in Eastbourne Pier fall (1 comment)
- No compensation over Cockermouth roadworks (6 comments)