Revamp starts at Cockermouth Leisure Centre
Last updated at 14:10, Friday, 11 January 2013
The dry side changing rooms at Cockermouth Leisure Centre will be getting a £56,000 refurbishment.
The changing rooms have been in use since 1989 and have altered very little since.
It has been decided to refurbish them to bring them up to a modern standard.
The refurbishment will take between six and seven weeks, during which time users of the leisure centre will be able to use the wet side changing rooms.
Better access for disabled users will also be provided.
The work has been funded by centre owner Allerdale council and Carlisle Leisure Ltd which runs the centre.
Alan Quayle, centre manager, said: “This refurbishment will make the dry side changing rooms a 100 per cent much nicer environment.
“We have been incredibly busy recently so it has been a great start to the new year.”
First published at 13:43, Friday, 11 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Hurrah! It's about time something was done to improve them!
Make your comment
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand
- ‘Truly glorious’, says RAF veteran as he soars again
- Time capsule message from Harrington pupils
- Excavation sheds more light on life in Roman Maryport
- Commonwealth baton honour for dairy man
- Classrooms put together in just a day
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (17 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company