Revamp starts at Cockermouth Leisure Centre
Last updated at 14:10, Friday, 11 January 2013
The dry side changing rooms at Cockermouth Leisure Centre will be getting a £56,000 refurbishment.
The changing rooms have been in use since 1989 and have altered very little since.
It has been decided to refurbish them to bring them up to a modern standard.
The refurbishment will take between six and seven weeks, during which time users of the leisure centre will be able to use the wet side changing rooms.
Better access for disabled users will also be provided.
The work has been funded by centre owner Allerdale council and Carlisle Leisure Ltd which runs the centre.
Alan Quayle, centre manager, said: “This refurbishment will make the dry side changing rooms a 100 per cent much nicer environment.
“We have been incredibly busy recently so it has been a great start to the new year.”
First published at 13:43, Friday, 11 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Hurrah! It's about time something was done to improve them!
Make your comment
- Maryport gets life-saving campaign boost
- Candidates stand up to scrutiny at hustings
- Trevor’s photography hobby soars to even greater heights
- Computer helps Laura in her bid to communicate
- Thousands expected to flock to key sheep show in Cockermouth
- Workington factory ends production
- Motley crew to light up stage a prelude to Georgian Fair
- Drive for new volunteers for vital car service
- New task force to tackle town’s pigeon population (1 comment)
- Maryport club’s missing £7,000 was a ‘clerical error’