Royal birth date arrival brings double celebration for Workington family
Last updated at 11:56, Friday, 02 August 2013
A Workington dad received the present of a lifetime when his daughter was born on his birthday and on the same day as the new royal prince.
Sienna Holdsworth was born at 9.12pm on July 22 in Whitehaven’s West Cumberland Hospital, just hours after His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge entered the world.
Craig Holdsworth, of Ashton Street, was celebrating his 33rd birthday when his second child was born.
He said: “You can’t get a better present than having your daughter born on your birthday.”
The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to the third in line to the throne after a 12-hour delivery but mum KellyAnn, 33, gave birth to Sienna four hours after she went into labour.
She said: “I was 10 days overdue. She should have been born before but people said to me that she was waiting for the royal baby.”
Sienna weighed 7lb 11oz, and her birth has been warmly welcomed by her two-year-old brother Jack.
Mrs Holdsworth will receive a commemorative Royal Mint silver coin along with all mothers who gave birth on the same day as the duchess.
First published at 11:46, Friday, 02 August 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (9 comments)
- Artwork reflects Maryport history
- Little Clifton couple on a mission to help Gambia
- Tune in to Maryport man's pampered pooch TV reality show
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)
- Dog-friendly Keswick pub set to reopen (2 comments)
- Maryport bus cuts hit traders (1 comment)
- Award chance for Greysouthen writer
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud
- Funeral tributes to Flimby man Brian